Jeff Bezos Stepping Down as Amazon CEO
Posted on February 5, 2021
Jeff Bezos is stepping down at CEO of Amazon. Amazon has become a global ecommerce leader after Bezos first started it as an online bookstore in 1994.
Today, Amazon has is a global business with over 1.3 million employees. Amazon Web Services is used by many online business for hosting services.
Bezos will transition to Executive Chair of the Amazon Board in the third quarter of this year. Andy Jassy will become the new Amazon CEO.
Bezos wrote an email to Amazon employees about why he is stepping down. He says he will remain engaged with Day 1 Fund, the Bezos Earth Fund, Blue Origin and The Washington Post. He says, "I've never had more energy, and this isn’t about retiring. I’m super passionate about the impact I think these organizations can have."
- Google Ramps Up Google Meet to Challenge Zoom
- Reddit Disables Start Chatting Shortly After Launch
- No April Fool's for Microsoft
- Hooda Math Provides Educational Math Games
- Dropbox Files for IPO on Nasdaq