Emojipedia Acquired by Zedge
Posted on August 3, 2021
The Emojipedia website has been acquired by Zedge. Emojipedia is an emoji resource founded by Jeremy Burge in 2013.
Emojipedia features emoji definitions, an emoji database, news and more. It has a large emoji image archive that is two decades old. You can look up emojis and learn about upcoming emoji releases. You can also see what commonly used emojis look like on different apps and platforms.
In a tweet, Emojipedia reassures users that the site will remain basically the same.
Same Emojipedia team, new Emojipedia owner 🌻 https://t.co/S30e0BJahX— Emojipedia (@Emojipedia) August 3, 2021
Zedge bills itself as the #1 phone personalization app offering wallpapers and ringstones. It also provides a premium marketplace.
- Jeff Bezos Stepping Down as Amazon CEO
- Microsoft Unveils Together Mode Feature for Microsoft Teams
- Adobe Launches Photoshop Camera App
- Google Ramps Up Google Meet to Challenge Zoom
- Reddit Disables Start Chatting Shortly After Launch