Another Use for the Internet: Identifying Dead Bodies
Posted on March 9, 2013
The Cook County morgue in Chicago has found a new use for the Internet. They are uploading photograph of dead bodies to the Internet so they can be identified by loved ones. In some cases bodies are unclaimed because people have not claimed them. There are also many unidentified bodies that the morgue has no idea who these people are.
Chicagoist reports that the decision to upload photos online follows reports that there was overcrowding in the Cook County morgue. Cook County will keep bodies for up to a year before they will bury an unidentified body according to CNN. Some U.S. counties keep bodies for much longer.
You can watch the CNN report here on CNN's YouTube page.
- Adobe Launches Photoshop Camera App
- Google Ramps Up Google Meet to Challenge Zoom
- Reddit Disables Start Chatting Shortly After Launch
- No April Fool's for Microsoft
- Hooda Math Provides Educational Math Games